For nearly two decades Green Mtn. Concert Services, Inc., (GMCS) has specialized in providing unarmed, onsite security solutions to high-profile special events, venues, and educational institutions across the Northeast. GMCS security is heavily rooted in guest services, acting professional, and creating a safe environment. Our success originates in our commitment to our Security Guard staff and their development. GMCS provides safety and security solutions for more than a thousand events annually and is setting the standard for quality security professionals.
WHY WORK FOR GMCS?
- Flexible scheduling – choose the events you want to work
- Great starting base pay – $13.50 with a security license
- Training Pay Increases
- Outstanding experience for your resume
- Professional development opportunities
- No experience necessary, we will train YOU!
- This Unarmed guard position is scheduled from 6:00 am to Noon most days, with varying hours dependent on client need.
- Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel.
- Enforces regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Controls access to client site or facility through admittance process determined by client.
- Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons.
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents.
- Prepares logs and reports as required.
- Responsibilities may include any and all protection and security services as required by the client and directed by GMCS.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
- All Security Officers must be 18 years or older.
- High level of confidentiality and ability to handle sensitive situations
- Excellent communication skills.
- Guest service oriented.
- Work locations vary. Travel required depending on your location. Travel reimbursements available.
- Physical requirements as follows:
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand for a minimum of 4 hours.
** Please note that the training for this position is held in Williston, VT