The job responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
- Maintain all department sanitation and QA standards including cleaning and sanitizing all work surfaces, utensils and equipment, sweeping, mopping, removing cardboard and trash as needed, and being able to operate a baler or compactor. Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Check products received against an invoice.
- Use a slicing machine and related equipment where applicable.
- Prepare and replenish product for sale in any department where applicable.
- Always operate equipment with all safeguards in place and in good operating condition. Observe safe methods of performing all duties.
- Comply with all store rules, Company policies, safety requirements, security standards and all local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Dress according to company policy to include white shirt, black pants, apron, name badge.
- Comply with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling unpackaged foods.
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving, code dating, preparing, storing, and price marking, scaling, and restocking products to ensure quality, accuracy and product rotation and protection.
- Adhere to all Federal, State, and Local regulations as they pertain to all departments.
- Keeps displays and display cases stocked and properly turned and faced at all times in accordance with all department standards.
- Be knowledgeable in and able to differentiate between various types of Produce, Meat, and where applicable, the Deli/ Fresh Seafood departments, and related merchandise including seasonality, and price differences between varieties of similar classes of products
- Control freshness, quality and temperature of product by following safe food handling procedures.
- Understand operation of cash register and follow all cash handling procedures.
- Accurately identify and scan product under correct department (when necessary), process all forms of accepted payments, collect proper payment and provide proper change.
- Handle damaged or return-to-stock products according to company policy, with priority attention given to refrigerated, perishable items, and sell by date.
- Be knowledgeable in the company’s HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Check refrigeration equipment for proper performance regularly; report any failure immediately as directed.
- Removes trash to designated area. Removes cardboard to baler area and operates baler.
- Completes price changes as directed by department manager.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Comply with Price Rite service priorities: clean, fresh and friendly.
- Retrieve carts from the lot
- Must be 18 years old or older to operate balers, hi-lo’s, power jacks, slicing machines, etc.
- Perform other duties as required
- Part Time work hours – our business requires a flexible scheduling consisting of days, evenings and weekends. Weekly average hours for a part time clerk is 15-20. Hours fluctuate weekly in accordance with business.
- Part Time Training Requirements – All Team Members are provided paid training and are expected to successfully complete all essential components of training within the first 30 days. This includes web based and hands-on training.
- All Team Members are expected to report to work as scheduled and required to record work time through our electronic time and attendance system. Excessive lateness and/or absences is not acceptable.
- Cashiers are expected to maintain cash control per our company standards. Excessive errors are not acceptable to the business and are monitored per our cash handling policy.
NOTE: ASSOCIATES MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER TO OPERATE BALERS, HI-LOS, POWER JACKS AND SLICING MACHINES.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential job functions and general nature of the work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require Associates to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change.