The Human Resource Manager is responsible for leading the Bank’s efforts to ensure its staffing and HR systems are aligned with the Bank’s values and strategic vision. The individual in this position oversees professional development, performance management, recruiting and onboarding, and benefits administration in order to create a culture of integrity and teamwork. This position is a strategic partner so the senior management team and manages all human resource functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all aspects of recruitment and hiring including attraction, application review, interviewing and pre-employment testing, selection, engagement and onboarding in service of building a high performing and cohesive team.
- Partners closely with Bank leadership to ensure programs reinforce and advance organizational outcomes and culture.
- Provide thought leadership and strategies to enhance employee engagement.
- Manage development programs and initiatives to enhance Bank effectiveness, employee engagement, satisfaction and performance; ensure alignment with the Bank’s overall vision, mission, goals and values.
- Ability to view the Bank strategically from a systems perspective and fashion solutions to meet the Bank’s needs.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Oversees the writing of job descriptions, or reviews and edits job descriptions written by others.
- Compiles and submits all personnel related reports as mandated by State and Federal government agencies, and other relevant organizations.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations’ issues.
- Administers performance appraisal program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within the Bank.
- Administers salary administration program to ensure competiveness, compliance and equity within the Bank.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Develops and updates the Bank’s Employee Handbook.
- 4+ years in organizational development/engagement initiatives and programs, tools, and techniques; PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in organizational development, employee experience/engagement, and/or program management
Honor Bank is a northwest Michigan community bank, proudly celebrating 102 years of service, with branches in Traverse City, Bear Lake, Benzonia, Buckley, Copemish, Honor, and Lake Ann.
As we approach our 103rd year in business as a community bank, we have never lost sight of the fact that our customers are, and always have been, our neighbors. We maintain our practice and philosophy focused on being a local bank serving local people.
The values that we seek in a team member are summarized in the Honor Code, a set of principles laid out nearly a century ago. It’s a simple philosophy that has served us well over the decades. Those principles are:
- Hard Work
Our competitive benefits package includes:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance, long- and short-term disability insurance, flexible spending account plans and more
- 401(k) plan including both traditional and Roth savings options
- Incentive and bonus programs
- Paid time-off
- Paid volunteer hours
We also offer a generous “buy out” option for those who do not require insurance due to having coverage by some other means.
Thank you for considering a career with Honor Bank. We wish you success on your employment journey.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Dennis Sternburgh | [email protected] | 231.639.1719
For your protection, please do not send any personal or confidential information (i.e. Social Security Number, Account Number, Date of Birth, etc.) in your message. If you send email to us, we may retain the contents of your email message, your email address, and our response.