The purpose of this job description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with the position of Groundskeeper. It should also be noted that responsibilities and duties might not be specifically addressed.
General Position Summary
The Groundskeeper is responsible for keeping the grounds clean and attractive. Duties include, but are not limited to, removing trash from the grounds, watering the grounds as necessary, cleaning exterior public areas, removing snow and ice from public areas, and performing any other duties as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor or the Community Manager.
- Inspect the entire grounds daily and remove all trash, debris, etc. to maintain the FCM Standard for Cub Appeal (one of Rob’s Top Ten)
- Assist in the maintenance of any plant material on site as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor or Community Manager.
- Maintain and handle grounds/ landscaping cleaning supplies in accordance with FCM HAZCOM Program. Alert Maintenance Supervisor as to supply levels in order to provide ample inventory at all times.
- Maintain and handle maintenance and/or grounds equipment in accordance with FCM Safety rules, HAZCOM Program, OSHA guidelines, etc. Equipment must be returned daily in good condition to proper storage area.
- Assist in maintenance duties, preventative maintenance tasks, make-ready punches, lighting replacements, etc. as requested by Maintenance Supervisor and/or Community Manager.
- Distribute resident communication notices as requested by Maintenance Supervisor/ Community Manager.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor and/or Community Manager.
Education, Knowledge, Skills
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Preferred
- Moderate level of proficiency in written, verbal, and arithmetic skills (must be able to read and follow instructions regarding the handling of chemical supplies, service requests, etc.)
Must be physically able to walk, stoop, kneel, carry and lift up to 35 lbs., and climb stairs easily on a multi-terrain property. Outdoor conditions will impact the majority of job tasks; must be able to withstand various temperatures and conditions.