Reporting to the Laird Technologies Credit Manager, The Credit Supervisor is responsible for a broad range of billing, accounts receivable and collections activities in a shared services environment in support of multiple Laird locations.
- Assist Credit Manager in credit functions to include but not limited to; Evaluate & assign credit limits and analyze & decide on credit hold accounts.
- Train new collectors and assist with complex AR reconciliations and dispute resolution.
- Back up Credit Manager including but not limited to: Month end close tasks & analysis, facilitate employee one on one meetings as well as team meetings and special projects
- Manage an AR portfolio: contact customers to secure timely payment of open invoices, identify patterns of short-payment or non-payment and maintain collection notes while promoting customer goodwill.
- Partner with sales, customer service, warehouse, and inventory control resolving complex billing / shipment issues to facilitate quicker payments and or resolve disputes with an emphasis on process improvement.
- Account maintenance to reconcile, invoices, deductions, payments and credits.
- Respond to customers inbound inquires in a timely manner.
- Candidate must be a self-directed team player and have a high level of motivation.
- Excellent research and problem solving skills.
- Above average organizational and follow-up skills.
- Working knowledge of the order to cash process including inventory transactions.
- Solid track record for reducing past due receivables.
- Excellent communication, people oriented personality.
- Consistently meet or exceed commitments with the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
- Knowledge of accounting ERP systems.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Access.
- Fluent oral and written English is a MUST.
Education & Experience Request
- Some College with emphasis in Accounting.
- Previous experience supervising staff of 3 or more in collections and accounts receivable.
- Minimum 5 or more years’ experience with credit, billing, collections, deduction management and accounts receivable.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.