Durham University – Durham Law School
|Salary:||£39,324 to £46,924 Grade 8|
|Placed on:||12th November 2017|
|Closes:||4th December 2017|
As a top 40 QS World Ranked law school, Durham is the type of establishment in which high-flying careers are launched and reputations are established. Ranked in the top five law schools throughout the UK with the Daily Telegraph placing us 3rd, our award-winning academics are passionate about sharing their knowledge with their gifted students. You will therefore share your expertise in Chinese Law with various institutes, research groups and centres such as the Centre for Criminal Law and Criminal Justice and the Human Rights Centre, combining research and supervision capabilities with a confident ability to teach students on our LLM programme. Enjoying extensive opportunities for research including research leave and a generous research allowance, you will be supported to produce outputs that raise your profile and that of the school, both nationally and internationally.
- A high standard of teaching skills, supported by accredited qualifications in Higher Education teaching (or be in the process of completing this qualification).
- The ability to adapt your teaching to groups of various sizes using technology and other techniques to provide a truly inspirational learning experience for your students.
- A good first degree, with a PhD in Law or a related field.
- High quality research outputs that have the potential to be rated as ‘world class’.
- The ability to generate income for your research, as outlined in your extensive research plan. This should also include evidence of previous research impact, or its potential impact.
- The confidence to supervise PhD students and guide research groups, including the work of other researchers.
How to apply:
We value and promote an inclusive and diverse working environment at Durham and we welcome applications from all individuals.
We prefer to receive applications online. For this role we are working with our partner organisation TMP (UK) Limited and your application will initially be submitted to TMP (UK) Limited via our website.
Please carefully read the job description for this post which outlines the documents which you will be required to submit, information about referees, contact details should you require further information and next steps including an indication of when interviews will take place.
Share this job
Type / Role: