Imagine what you can do at Land O’Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O’Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture’s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O’Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you’ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
Senior Maintenance – 1st Shift (Sign On Bonus)
Omnium is your loyal partner in the manufacturing of crop protection, adjuvant and plant nutrition products. Our team adheres to stringent safety protocols and environmental stewardship standards.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining plant processing and support equipment.
WAGE RANGE SALARY:
- $21.69-$25.34/Hour, depending upon experience
- Sign-On Bonus: This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus of $1,500.00 net. ½ immediately and ½ after 6 months
Land O’Lakes, Inc offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior Industrial Maintenance Experience
- Basic computer skills or ability to learn
- Ensures a safe working environment for self and others while performing assigned tasks
- 18 years or older
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively work with a variety of people and departments
- Ability to be flexible in work performed and schedule
- Self-reliant and able to accurately work under limited supervision
- Communicates work order progress to supervisor and production operators
- Customer focused and able to work in a collaborative team
- Adhere to all standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, follow verbal and written instructions and possess basic mathematical skills
- Possess mechanical aptitude. Some experience with mechanical systems, utilizing product manuals, troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns, and reading mechanical drawings
- Experience with basic electrical systems, compressors, welding, plumbing, conveyers, hydraulics, packaging, PLC, pneumatics, preventive maintenance, and pumps.
- Forklift experience preferred or willing to be trained for certification
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge in their functions and ability to troubleshoot and fix system issues is preferred
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment, you will be walking, standing and engaging in movement throughout the day, and occasionally to frequently be required to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs. Due to a large variety of job duties (both routine and non-routine), certain duties also may involve, a variety of physical activities including bending, lifting, stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms above shoulders and head, standing, working in enclosed areas, climbing stairs or ladders, and operating heavy machinery. The noise level in the work environment can vary but noise is usually low to moderate.
At times, you may be required to wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety gloves, hearing protection, a respirator or dust mask, protective footwear and protective clothing or uniforms. Work may be performed in cold and/or hot temperatures and the environment can be dusty. Physical requirements further include the ability to engage in productive and collaborative communication with co-workers and work may need to be performed during non-standard hours, including nights and weekends. At times, the ability to work overtime also may be required. The ability to perform these requirements is necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The company engages in an interactive process to review requests for reasonable accommodations that may be needed to allow qualified individuals with disabilities to perform all the essential functions of the position. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be directed to the Hiring Manager.
Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job offers are contingent upon a successful drug screen and background review.
Key Words: Specialist, Private to Private, Seaman Apprentice, Petty Office Third Class, Private First Class& Lance Corporal, Airman to Airman First Class Seaman Apprentice
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy .
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
If you need to submit a reasonable accommodation request to complete the employment application process, please call the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT. Please also use this number for any other questions.
- EOE is the Law ( English | Spanish | Chinese )
- EOE is the Law Supplement ( English | Spanish | Chinese )
- Land O’Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy