Bill.com is the leading business payments network, with over 1,000,000 members paying and getting paid over $25 billion per year in volume. Bill.com saves companies more than 50% of the time typically spent on financial back-office operations by automating end-to- end processes. Bill.com ties together finance and accounting programs, banks, customers, vendors, accounting professionals, and documents. The company is the choice of 3 of the top 10 U.S. banks and over 50% of the top 100 accounting firms. The recipient of more than 43 awards, Bill.com was recently recognized as one of the San Francisco Business Time’s Most Innovative Companies and proudly received a PC Magazine’s Editor’s Choice Award.
As a member of the Engineering team at Bill.com, you will actively participate in the design, development and maintenance of our core product. The core applications include payables, receivables, payment network, infrastructure to integrate new UI technologies, and infrastructure to support partner integrations. We’re looking for enthusiastic software engineers who can make an impact designing and building scalable integrations.
Professional Experience/Background to be successful in this role:
- 0-3 years of software development experience
- Experience working with web technologies and development tools: HTTP, REST, JSON, source control, unit test frameworks.
- Experience with developing applications using SQL and non-SQL databases
- Experience with object-oriented principles and languages.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Competencies (Attributes needed to be successful in this role):
- Strong understanding of the craft
- Ability to solve problems
- Curiosity and a quest for learning
- Great communication skills
- Thrive in and bring energy to a diverse, dynamic and high performing workforce
Expected Outcomes in 12 months:
As a member of the Engineering team, your initial year will be a combination of learning and contributing to our goals and mission. Below are what we would expect you to accomplish and/or focus on during this period:
- Learn : our company, mission, product, domain, technologies, process (SDLC) and how we delight
- Deliver: The best way to learn is to do so you’ll be assigned some tickets and stories that will give you opportunity to research, investigate, scope, propose and deliver changes that will improve our product
- Learn more: For our new to the industry hires, we will rotate you to different parts of our org to broaden exposure and provide opportunities to learn new concepts and technologies.
- Deliver more: More tickets and stories will be assigned that test and leverage your new set of skills and technologies
- And then…; By the end of your first 12 months, you will be a trained ‘full stack’ engineer fully capable of helping us where the needs are greatest and aligned with your interests. Not a bad year!
- Humble – No ego
- Fun – Celebrate the moments
- Authentic – We are who we are
- Passionate – Love what you do
- Dedicated – To each other and the customer
Job Type: Internship
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to Bill.com.