Imperial College London – Faculty of Engineering
|Placed on:||14th February 2018|
|Closes:||9th March 2018|
Salary: Internationally Competitive plus Benefits
Location: London, South Kensington campus
Imperial College London is a world top ten University with an international reputation for excellence. Located in the heart of London, Imperial is renowned for interdisciplinary research and teaching across its four faculties: Engineering, Natural Sciences, Medicine and Business. A community of 17,000 students and 8,000 staff from across the globe work collaboratively across these disciplines to develop innovative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges.
The Faculty of Engineering is made up of ten Departments and is one of the largest in Europe. All ten Departments consistently excel in prominent league table rankings and are all based on the main South Kensington campus. Uniquely, the Faculty provides undergraduate and postgraduate teaching across the full range of Engineering disciplines, producing graduates with the depth of expertise and skills necessary to become leaders in their chosen fields. An alumni community of over 90,000 includes renowned engineers, business leaders, entrepreneurs, government officials and academics.
There is a continued need for investment in the Faculty in order to recruit and retain the world’s very best academics, provide much needed support for bright young minds, to refurbish and improve our facilities and to open up new avenues of frontier research.
The Head of Development will report to the Director of Development and Campaigns within Advancement and will also work closely with the Dean of the Faculty, Professor Nigel Brandon. With 2018 being the year of engineering, there’s never been a better time for a talented development professional to lead and drive a strategy that will take engineering fundraising to a new level.
- Devise and implement effective fundraising strategies, building a robust major gift program to support the Faculty of Engineering.
- Work in close partnership with the Dean and Heads of Department within the Faculty to develop and maximize the full potential philanthropic funding streams available and provide bespoke stewardship programmes for existing donors.
- Manage a portfolio of major gift prospects, typically with six-figure gift capacity in addition to identifying and developing prospective donors.
- Lead, manage and develop the Engineering Development team and work closely with colleagues in Advancement to maximise the Principal Gift and Global programmes for the Faculty.
- Proven experience in major gift fundraising at a six-figure level in Higher Education, charities/not-for-profit or other transferable experience of securing new business in a commercial sales environment combined with a clear interest in moving into a philanthropic role.
- Highly target driven and a strategic thinker with an ability to identify new opportunities for developing the fundraising programme.
- Inspiring management style.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to articulate a compelling case for philanthropic support for the Faculty of Engineering and the University as a whole.
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit www.berwickpartners.co.uk/66102
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Christina Hargreaves on 020 7529 1122