Working for Holiday Retirement
There’s something very satisfying about working for a company that cares for seniors. Where everything you do, in whatever capacity, is contributing to someone else’s happiness.
Our seniors aren’t the only ones benefiting from your employment here – you will, too. If you have a passion for helping others, we’d love to talk to you.
We are currently seeking a hands-on results-driven General Manager to lead all aspects of the operations and management of a senior living community. Our General Managers are supported by a regional and district team at Holiday Retirement.
General Manager Responsibilities:
As a General Manager, you are responsible for the day-to-day operations of an independent senior living community, which includes 1) developing an engaged and productive team; 2) ensuring high resident satisfaction; and 3) ensuring strong financial performance. You will:
- Set community goals and culture by providing leadership and vision.
- Be responsible for community financial performance through occupancy and revenue growth and expense management to achieve net operating income growth.
- Develop and implement quarterly business plans to maintain high occupancy and achieve financial goals – budgeting, monitoring and corrective action planning.
- General Managers handle all aspects of community talent management, including hiring, discharging, coaching and performance tracking employees.
- Develop employee culture of excellence through established Holiday training programs, employee town hall meetings, staff development, performance management and communication.
- Maintain high occupancy through the development and implementation of a sales and marketing program. Meet with and lease apartments to potential residents.
- Provide tours, negotiate/sign leases, and make sales calls.
- Establish positive relationships with residents by attending community events, holding meetings with residents and advisors, proactively identify problems and implementing corrective actions to ensure resident engagement, independence and happiness.
- Ensuring the building, equipment and service levels are maintained in order.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders including governmental agencies, business partners, community groups, etc.
Minimum of five years’ previous management experience including, operational and financial experience in managing employees, recruiting, customer service, budgeting, purchasing, payroll, and accounts payable/receivable. Preferred industry background: hotel, senior living, hospital, restaurant.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team setting and to provide strong customer service.
- Strong (oral and written) communication skills.
- Strong supervision, coaching, and leadership skills to lead teams.
- Two-year Associate Degree—B.S./ B.A. preferred.
- Previous sales experience preferred.
Responsible for the management of all community employees. Direct reports include facilities, dining, resident life, housekeeping, office administration and marketing.
At Holiday, we are always looking for talented individuals to join our dynamic organization and we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefit package. Holiday associates can also expect continuous learning and career growth opportunities, open and direct communication, and a fulfilling work environment. We will provide you with a wide variety of benefits, including:
- Meals provided during work hours—Chef prepared meals
- Full Health Benefits – Including medical, dental and vision
- 401(k)– A plan to enhance your long-term financial well being
- Paid Vacation and Travel Program – Stay at any of our 300+ communities
- A Competitive Compensation Package – That includes an attractive salary and bonuses
Holiday Retirement is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, gender identity or expression, or other protected categories according to state and local laws.
Req ID: 62043
Other jobs you may like
Manzanita Lake Camper Service Store – Shingletown, CA
The California Parks Company – 30+ days ago