Sr. Manager Employee Communications
You’re passionate about strengthening company culture, and you have the chops to deliver the goods. You seize every opportunity to promote the organization, both inside and outside the company. When challenges arise, you see the opportunities and craft solutions that are strategic, measurable, and highly creative. And when it comes to communication, you’re a compelling speaker, outstanding writer and an even better editor. You bring thoughtful enthusiasm to your work and to issues confronting your internal business partners: How can I help partners and leaders achieve their goals? What’s the impact on our people? What other information do we need? Compassion is a core value, as is delivering value to your stakeholders. If this sounds like you, let’s talk.
Who You Are:
The Twitter Employee Communications and Culture team is looking for an experienced internal/employee communications professional to join our growing group. You’ll be responsible for developing and executing communication strategies for key company-wide initiatives, programs, and announcements.
The Sr. Manager Employee Communications will work with Twitter leadership, business partners and stakeholders throughout Global Marketing & Communications to understand, guide and promote Twitter’s employee culture. The role will be responsible for powerful writing and inspirational storytelling through internal communication programs.
This position is located in San Francisco at Twitter’s headquarters. Periodic travel may be required.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver proactive, strategic communications plans targeting employees
- Ensure team’s efforts support company goals and align with company values
- Team with the Global Communications colleagues to ensure consistency and alignment between internal and external communications
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders and regional leads; define their communication requirements; and provide them with strategic advice and counsel
- Act as lead writer, editor and gatekeeper for executive messaging and other content
- Measure the effectiveness of communications delivered; implement improvements
- Manage multiple communications projects simultaneously, and delegate/prioritize with key collaborators
- Help groom junior staff for future success
- Passion, charisma, confidence
- Relevant bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, or Communications
- 7-8 years of experience in employee communications and/or change communications – working in a high-tech and global organization is a plus
- Experience as a client lead or account team leader
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally, exerting influence without direct authority
- Ability to synthesize and accurately disseminate information from across a variety of business areas
- Excellent verbal communicator, brilliant writer, strong editor to create compelling messaging and narratives, minus the corporate-speak
- Experience working and editing within digital and print mediums
- Excellent multi-tasking skills, able to set own priorities, and work under deadline pressure
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proactive, results-oriented, and did we mention, fun?!
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Other jobs you may like