Finance Lead/Manager, Compensation and BenefitsGoogle 1,686 reviews
– Mountain View, CA
|This leadership role is part of the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) function and provides financial and analytical insights and business planning partnership to the Compensation and Benefits teams. In this highly influential role, you will partner directly with our VPs/Directors, with regular visibility to the SVP level, and provide financial and analytical insights and business planning support to Worldwide Benefits & Retirement and Compensation for all of Google’s 75,000 employees. You will dissect complex problems, deliver insights and help Compensation and Benefits leaders make critical strategic and operational decisions. This includes strategically partnering on all benefits decisions, preparing and presenting financial reporting and metrics for Benefits and Financial Management, and ensuring proper financial reporting in each entity.|
The name Google came from “googol,” a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Partner with the Benefits and Retirement Programs leadership to define and analyze key success metrics, measure efficiency, and inform the best possible business decisions on major investment areas.
- Cultivate strong relationships and collaboration across numerous internal touch points with leaders and use your ability to influence without authority; construct executive level presentations and present complex analytical findings in clear, concise, and decision-impacting manner. Build rigorous analytical frameworks and tools to measure key results.
- Partner with relevant teams to support key processes including annual planning and ensuring proper financials in each entity.
- Conduct quarterly financial forecasts; spearhead the effort to reduce forecast variability, analyzing root causes and driving forecasting improvements; continually improve processes and automate recurring analyses.
- Take an active leadership role in the development and effectiveness of the broader People Operations Finance team and its people.
Qualifications Minimum qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of relevant experience.
- CPA or CA.
- Strong background in benefits and retirement accounting.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative modeling, and problem solving skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate with management team.
- Experience in the compensation and healthcare industry or in similar role at another company.
- Advanced proficiency in spreadsheet software, SQL, Python, R, and/or other analytics tools/platforms experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to influence without authority.
Other jobs you may like
Finance ManagerA2Z Development Center, Inc.
– Sunnyvale, CAAmazon.com
– 8 days ago
Google’s mission is to organize the world‘s information and make it universally accessible and useful. In 1998, we started with two…
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed